2021-22 COVID Protocols
- For students ages 11 and under: in alignment with local and state guidance, face coverings will be strongly encouraged while learning indoors, but will not be required at this time.
- For students ages 12 and over: in alignment with local and state guidance, face coverings will be strongly encouraged for anyone who is 12+ years and not fully vaccinated but will not be required at this time.
All students who choose to wear a mask during the school day will be supported and encouraged by teachers and staff. We will maintain a stock of disposable masks at school should a teacher or student need or request one.
- CDPHE guidance: The state recommends local public health agencies and school districts consider mask requirements for unvaccinated individuals, particularly in higher-risk environments. In addition, even when not required by local public health or a school district, unvaccinated and vaccinated staff and students may choose to wear masks. Schools and school districts should ensure that every classroom is a welcome environment for students and staff who choose to protect themselves in this manner.
Students or staff members who test positive for COVID will be required to isolate for 10 days.
The McClelland School will work with PDPHE to determine quarantine requirements on a case-by-case basis. We hope to minimize quarantine times, especially for any student or employee fully vaccinated.
- CDPHE guidance: Colorado will move from an individual case-based response strategy to a transmission mitigation strategy, where instead of quarantining students and staff after individual exposures, the risk of the whole school community, including the risk of interruptions to learning, is considered. Because in-person learning is essential for communities and students to thrive, CDPHE is recommending reduced incidents of quarantine in schools and childcare specifically.
The McClelland School will continue with disinfection protocols as follows:
- Touchpoints (door handles, push bars, light switches, etc.) will be disinfected daily.
- Drinking fountains will continue to be bottle filling only.
- We will require frequent handwashing for all students and staff throughout the school day.
- Teachers and staff will continue to have access to disinfectant supplies, including disinfecting spray, to clean high-touch areas regularly if desired.
The COVID vaccination is free to those 12+ years. Pueblohealth.org
The COVID vaccine is not required for staff or students, however, it provides more stability in our schools. We strongly encourage all eligible students and staff to get vaccinated.
As always, we ask that you keep your children home if you are seeing any signs of illness. This is one of the most impactful ways of keeping our school safe and healthy. Students who arrive at school sick, or become ill while they are here, will be sent home.